[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Mar 13 14:08:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:52:24 +0100, Thomas wrote:

>On 13.03.2011 14:50, Enrico Tröger wrote:

>>> Why disabled by default? I don't quite understand that. Disabled by
>>> default defeats the whole purpose.
>> Portability.
>>

>I thought the warnings are only enabled if the compiler understands
>them anyway (so portability is not an issue)? That's what the initial
>mail about the warnings said.

As I said, I didn't read all of the thread, shame on me.
Still, not sure whether it can be reliably checked whether the compiler
supports all the options and/or whether it's worth checking this.

Though, if you all want this, I won't hinder you. At least not for G-P.