[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Mar 13 13:27:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 21:32:48 +1100, Lex wrote:

>>> Having scripts like these is non-standard so it would have to be
>>> *well* documented.  I still personally prefer in the build so long as
>>
>> Ok. But if it's in the build system, it should be optionally and
>> disabled by default, at least.
>
> Ok by me. (So long as how to enable it is obvious somewhere, unlike
> most other configure options, I'm still not sure how to generate
> plugins for non-standard prefixes using autofools :-)

Why not, easy enough. However, I'm not completely sure the info in
HACKING or whatever would be visible enough for every new (and current!)
developer to see it, but we might start this way and see if it is OK.

Something like ./configure --enable-extra-c-warnings (or shorter if you
prefer ^^)

Cheers,
Colomban