[Geany-devel] GObject, new plugin interface ....

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Mar 12 18:11:17 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

During the last weeks a huge number mails at this list was stating to
make usage of GObject on building up a new plugin interface. It has been
talked about libpeas and adding support for Vala, Python etc. Before we
do discuss any further I'd like to point to an email Enrico sent
earlier this year onto this list:

http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2011-February/003905.html

Originally Geany wasn't designed/coded to work with GObject. Moving to
an plugin interface using this would most likely cause rewriting of a
lot of code. However, if really somebody of you like to go this
further I suggest to start a new branch where all changes can be
tracked in.
But before we can discuss about the positive/negativ points I just
want to ask who likes to take over this task as a kind of lead
engineer and project manager to be the lead here having in mind it will
most likely not a 5-minute-task?

Cheers,
Frank
--