[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Matthew Brush matthewbrush at xxxxx
Sat Mar 12 02:33:19 UTC 2011

On 03/11/11 18:21, Lex Trotman wrote:

> I agree that warnings should be fixed, but...
>
> Not only the developer is going to be using the plugins, people who
> are testing or even just using the latest will be, so you screw them
> up as well as the original developer :-(
Considering the plugin in question crashed (locked up) my entire Xorg
session and I lost data, I can't say it would be a dis-service.

Personally (not being the most experienced programmer) I would prefer my
plugin not build if I had made some very bad programming error, so that
potential testers don't get a bad taste in their mouth for my plugin.

In a general sense I agree with you though.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)