[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Mar 11 23:20:13 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:10:02 +0100
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:

> Am 23.02.2011 04:01, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> > Of course on the other hand because the maintainers are volunteers
> > with limited time this process slows changes, but IMHO this is
> > necessary.  Having more maintainers for a piece of code is of course
> > the solution, but as we are finding, its hard to actually do for a
> > small project.  Even for core there was a deafening silence when I
> > recently suggested that more people volunteer to be maintainers.
> >

> I don't think that silence meant anything other than the people that
> can decide haven't read it yet. But yea, I would welcome a discussion
> about this in the core. There's great potential contributors on this
> list, but they're all sitting on their patches and nothing moves
> forward.

Including patches always means to review them. Also granting access is
a delicate thing and adding just everybody to accesslist is bad idea in
terms of e.g. quality as everybody might can understand. Unfortunately
as none of us is paid for doing Geany development and stuff around its
hard to just read the tons of mails after a 10h or more working day.
Also there is some life around.

Cheers,
Frank
--