[Geany-devel] Adding .gitignore files to geany-plugins

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Wed Mar 9 19:07:26 UTC 2011

On 09.03.2011 20:05, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> I use SVN, so I don't care much about a .gitignore (read: I'm
> neutral).
>
> I just would suggest, if we use a .gitignore as well (assuming replying
> svn:ignore won't work as expected with GIT), keep the .gitignore
> somewhat in sync with the svn:ignore content.

That's best accomplished by setting svn:ignore and generating .gitignore
from it.

IIRC, if you clone a svn repo with git-svn then it even automatically
does this (and puts the ignores into .git/info/exclude).

Best regards.