[Geany-devel] save find settings

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Mar 9 18:27:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:22:19 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:12:25 +0200, Dimitar wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:53:48 +0100
> >Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Anyway, your patch is committed, thanks a bunch.
> >>
> >> I added another small change afterwards which should remain the saved
> >> state for 'case sensitive' even if regex is checked. Hope that won't
> >> break anything.
> >
> >Well, it does; the initial stash group display is a bit tricky: [...]
> >
> >Your patch ignores this exact signal, so the first-regexp-uncheck-
> >after-restart clears the case instead of leaving it as-is [...]
>
> Yeah. But why should it be left as-is?

Saa... OTOH, why should it be cleared? I realize now that it was my
mistake not to follow the Geany logic exactly, no matter how much sense
it makes to me.

> This leads again to the question why these two options are bound
> together so closely. I still don't have an answer, to be honest.

Well until then, and since there already is a VISIBLE(dialog) check, and
since it's just a few lines, here is a patch that implements the
previous case state to the letter, against the current svn.

--
E-gards: Jimmy