[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Mar 9 03:51:36 UTC 2011

On 9 March 2011 09:11, Matthew Brush <matthewbrush at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/11 10:58, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>>
>> As I'm currently reworking the system to create the nightly builds, we
>> could integrate such checks into the nightly builds, maybe run cppcheck
>> on the sources after the builds and present the results somewhere on
>> nightly.geany.org.
>
> A couple ideas:
>
> 1) Parse cppcheck XML output with Python[1] (or whatever) and remove any
> failing plugins from the main Makefile.am listed in the 'plugins' variable
> so they don't build.

Disagree with removing plugins from nightly builds, testing will find
many more errors than these checks will, and removing the plugin makes
it unavailable for testing.  I would support having failing plugins as
a second tier release, but never remove access completely.