[Geany-devel] Real-time tag parsing (again) (was Geany FTW - better autocompletion)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Mar 7 02:50:29 UTC 2011

Le 06/03/2011 15:49, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 15:29:24 +0100, Colomban wrote:
>

>>> - you use va_copy() in MIO. va_copy is C99 while all the other va_*
>>> functions are C89. So far, we tried to stay compatible with C89 even
>>> though it is old (and it is old, and old). At least some years ago,
>>> there were actually users who had to use a C89 compiler.
>>> Maybe we should just stop C89 support as we are in 2011 in the
>>> meantime...
>> Ah, right... I'll see if I can fix this (e.g. maybe GLib have proper
>> stuff somewhere).
>
> If not, we might simply drop C89 support.
I like C89 :)
And no worries, it's fixed in SVN now: no more va_copy(), no more
vsnprintf(). Thanks for finding this out :)

>>> Most important things is the licence of MIO.
>>> I think it's possible to release Geany as GPLv2+ with MIO included
>>> even though it's GPLv3. What I don't know is what's the overall
>>> licence of the Geany package is then. I'm not that good in licencing
>>> stuff :). And where do we need to state Geany contains GPLv3 code?
>> Actually, I relicensed MIO under v2+ for this purpose, but it seems I
>> forgot to import the new COPYING file, my bad. Fixed in SVN now.
>
> Cool, this makes it way easier :D.
It was exactly my thought, and I had no real reason to chose v3, so...
everybody's happy now :)

Cheers,
Colomban