[Geany-devel] save find settings

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Mar 6 14:53:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:47:56 +0200, Dimitar wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It's one month since I initially sent this, and the main developers
>seem more or less online now, so I'm resending it.

Haha, this doesn't mean anything, in my case :D.

>On several occasions, we discussed that it would be a good thing to
>save the find/replace settings. So I wrote it.
>
>Note that when you check "regular expressions", Geany remembers the
>"case sensitive" state, and restores it when regex is unchecked. This
>remembered state is not saved, so after restart, you'll get "regular
>expressions" and "case sensitive" as you see them.
>
>This remembered state was partially wrong, shared between the Find and
>Replace dialogs (their settings are separate), so I created separate
>states. Truth to be said, I can't grasp why regex and case are bound
>like that.

I'm not sure too why they are bound so closely but I know they are
already for a long time (since sometime 2006, revision 700).
Anyway, your patch is committed, thanks a bunch.

I added another small change afterwards which should remain the saved
state for 'case sensitive' even if regex is checked. Hope that won't
break anything.

>BTW, is there any reason to stash_group_display(fif_prefs) each time
>the FiF dialog is shown, instead of doing it once on dialog creation?
>The fif settings won't change between invokations.

I guess because of stash_group_update() after the dialog is closed but
not completely sure. Nick will know better.