[Geany-devel] Real-time tag parsing (again) (was Geany FTW - better autocompletion)

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sun Mar 6 14:11:57 UTC 2011

Am 06.03.2011 15:08, schrieb Thomas Martitz:
> Am 06.03.2011 15:05, schrieb Thomas Martitz:
>>
>> Since you link statically, the whole binary package is GPLv3 since
>> GPLv3 is not compatible to v2. For the source distribution it's up to
>> each individual source file.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility has a nice
> overview about this.

And this also shows that it doesn't matter whether you link statically
or dynamically, so I stand corrected. Incorperating GPLv3 code always
implies making the whole project GPLv3 (unless the project is LGPLv2(+),
then how linkage is done matters).

Best regards.