[Geany-devel] Some Color Schemes

Matthew Brush matthewbrush at xxxxx
Thu Mar 3 02:41:40 UTC 2011

On 03/02/11 15:13, Enrico Tröger wrote:

>> Ideally, I would like to make the filetypes.* part of the official
>> Geany distribution and not maintain those, and include at least the
> You mean replacing the hardcoded colour values in most filetypes.*
> files and replace them with named colours?
> If so, yes, patch is welcome.

Should I just do a patch against all the filetypes.* at once?  The only
part of those files I changed is the [styling] sections.  But I'm using
a Python script to substitute in the named styles in them so, for
example, I only maintain one set of named styles for the CPP lexer and
all filetypes.* which use the CPP lexer get those styles inserted with
the Python script.  It would be good to move all of the mappings and
Python script into Geany's scripts directory maybe?
>> alt.conf with Geany as well.  There are some minor bugs in Geany I
>> have to report still like selection styles don't update without
>> restart and selection colours reset when scintilla loses focus, but
> These are things we can solve, hopefully.

I'm willing to take a look at this when I get time, if no one else wants
to.  I can file bug reports with patches on sourceforge if that's the
best way.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)