[Geany-devel] POLL started (was: Re: Newsletter: Markuplangauge)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Jun 10 23:16:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:26:16 +0200
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:54:18 +0200
> Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > Based on that list I will create a poll upcoming weekend (around
> > June, 4th) - I will announce tis inside another mail with some
> > basic rules.
>
> I've just started the poll with all options given inside the wiki at
> http://wiki.geany.org/newsletter/markuplanguages
>
> You can join the poll at
> http://doodle.com/nnrmb2bakye8m4sz
>
> Please be so fair and do only do participate, if you really want to
> contribute or have any other connection to the newsletter.
>
> I will close the poll upcoming weekend (11. June)

Well, still early in the morning CEST, but I guess the outcome was
clear: Currently we do have 6 participants. 5 votes for ReST, 2 for
AsciiDoc and one for LaTeX. Beside one which voted for ReST all of the
participants don't care much about in addition to its favorite choice.
So we do have a decision: issue 3+ will be done in ReST.

Next steps (just a few points):
Colomban did some nice work on creating the pdf from ReST a couple of
days ago. I will merge his changes into master and will start to
convert issue 1 and 2 to latest version so newsletter looks the same.
Also Russell did start to write some cool content for issue 3 as well as
there have been some discussion on linking and putting which content to
newsletter/wiki during last days on mailing list.

I did not yet set a release date but I guess sometime mid July would be
a good idea.

Cheers,
Frank
--