[Geany-devel] Tagmanager warning

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Jun 2 03:08:08 UTC 2011

On 06/01/11 18:33, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Dear tagmanager wranglers,
>
> I get the following compilation warning on current SVN.
>
> tm_workspace.c: In function ‘tm_workspace_create_global_tags’:
> tm_workspace.c:382: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’,
> declared with attribute warn_unused_result

Yeah, it's an ugly hack in the tags generator code, I think you had
pointed to that exact spot when someone asked about the pre-processor
option (where it strips out G_BEGIN/END_DECLS) because the c.c parser
for whatever reason can't handle it.  It's described in the FIXME
comment here[1].

Immediate solution would be to use the return value from system() (duh!)
and the right solutions is to conjure up the demons of hell and beg them
to apply some sort of ritualistic voodoo magic to enchant the c.c file
to do it right (since I don't think anyone understands it)  :)

[1] http://git.geany.org/geany/tree/tagmanager/tm_workspace.c#n369