[Geany-devel] Proposed patch to fix issues with command line file loading

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Jan 31 17:27:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:03:44 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > With session management, you can open the projects in secondary
> > instances, and let the primary instances catch the double-clicking and
> > command line. The secondary instances retain their status after restart,
> > even if the primary instance does not exist any more (thanks, Eugene).
>
> Niiiice, I thought you said multi-instance sm wasn't working?  but
> sounds the preferred way if it is (except for multi instance issues
> talked about elsewhere)

Single instance ::= Each instance runs for itself and does not
communicate with the others, other than for initial socket checking
and argv passing. That is, the current Geany.

With the single instance sm, you can run as many instances as you
want. That was implemented by Eugene; I added the prefs isolation.

--
E-gards: Jimmy