[Geany-devel] syntax highlighting does not appear

Szabo Zoltan szabozoltan69 at xxxxx
Mon Jan 31 10:23:02 UTC 2011

My plan (in the future) to make geany able to show COBOL files nicely, with
syntax highlighting.

So my first steps were: downloading a fresh geany, compiling it and just try
to open a simple file.
In this case my example file was a PHP file.
In "Document/Set filetype/scripting languages" menu I saw that PHP was
checked, so it recognized it well, but the screen was black-and-white
(without any colours).

So at first (before the cobol thing) I would like to make my fresh geany
able to show syntax highlighting for any file.