[Geany-devel] changes to the plugin interface

joshua.rh at comcast.net joshua.rh at xxxxx
Sun Jan 30 23:16:31 UTC 2011

Hello,
          I'm not sure how high this is on the list of things to do, but I'd like to work on it; so I'll make sure I'm headed in the right direction before continuing.  I'd like the plugin interface to support python.  After some time on irc it seems two of the best solutions would be 1) re-writing the plugin interface to use gobject, or somehow refractoring the interface to do use gobject.  This would allow us to support the languages gtk+ does, but might have performance and maintainability issues.  The second (2) would be weaving python in using the Python/C API.  This could provide more speed, but would only support python.  Is it ok to only support python?  Or would it be better to use gobject?  Or is there a better solution?  Thanks,

Josh