[Geany-devel] Proposed patch to fix issues with command line file loading

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Jan 29 17:37:59 UTC 2011

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:39:31 +0100
weltall <weltall2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So now the idea of having the new file open in a new session if geany
> was not opened is not wanted anymore?

I can live without it. But my view is biased, since I use Geany with x11
session management, so the main instances are pretty much permanent.

In the end, it's up to Enrico, Nick and Frank to decide. But the
pseudocode can easily be modified to support it:

else if (cl_options.load_session && prefs.load_session != Never && !
new_instance)
      if (args <= 1)  // no filenames, restore project and session
            load_session_project_file()
            load_session = true
      else  // filenames: no project, maybe default session
            load_session = prefs.load_session == Always

Or with separate load_session and keep_session variables, it doesn't
matter.

--
E-gards: Jimmy