[Geany-devel] Print dialog and margins

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jan 24 00:11:17 UTC 2011

2011/1/24 Алексей Антипов <1a_antipov at mail.ru>:
> Hello,
> I have recently faced a problem when printing with Geany. The problem is
> that pages are printed with zero margin, which is obviously not good
> (line-endings get cut off, as most printers have printing area less than A4
> paper width).

Hi,

I'd suggest that something is wrong in your printer setup, mine
correctly avoids the non-printing margins for both the real printer
and print to PDF option.  Perhaps the PPD file is wrong for your
printer.

> If I remember correctly, in some old versions of GNOME we could specify
> printer margins via common GNOME printing dialog. However, now it seems
> impossible

Because it is supposed to get the non-printing margins from the
printer definition so the users can't fiddle with it and break it.

As for Geany using a bigger margin, that would be wasting paper and
not environmentally friendly :-(
(I'm still overcompensating for the miles of fanfold line printer
paper I've used in the past :-)