[Geany-devel] Spell check plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jan 20 09:56:11 UTC 2011

On 20 January 2011 20:23, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Am 20.01.2011 09:40, schrieb Lex Trotman:

>>> Can you copy in the output? Where it's failing?
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> Its failing the check for enchant >= 1.3
>>
>> I had enchant 1.6 installed but not enchant-dev, with enchant-dev
>> installed it passes.
>>
>> But for some reason I don't understand 0.19 was working without the dev package?
>
> I'm remembering there was something with gtkspell/enchant some time ago.
> Maybe a late impact of this. But this was a long, long time ago. Enrico
> might can tell more about here.
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

Ok, since it is now working for me I'm just wanting to make sure that
requiring the dev package is what is intended, to maybe add the need
for the dev package to the README and check that the configure check
isn't still flaky so it doesn't cause confusion for others.

Sadly since autotools is the thing that distributions use, it has to
work as well as waf. (Applies to the other thread as well).