[Geany-devel] Improving usability and handling for Geany-Plugins

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Jan 19 20:25:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:13:03 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:26:02 +0100, Colomban wrote:
>
> >Le 19/01/2011 18:45, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :

> >> So we are going to have my_plugin version 0.5, followed by 0.20,
> >> and then 0.6 or 0.7? Which one is the latest?
>
> 0.20.
> I was never convinced maintaining plugins within g-p and outside is a
> good idea. AFAIK there are only a few plugins for which this actually
> matches (geanylatex, geanyvc).

Only geanylatex is left here. geanyVC is part since about 0.18.1

> I just fail to see how this could be an
> advantage. I only see the many disadvantages beginning at users'
> confusion and ending at duplicate maintenance efforts.
> And for plugins which are part of the combined geany-plugins project,
> these should all have the version of the g-p project itself as their
> are released together as one big package.

I'm fine for dong this with the plugins developed inside the combined
project. I will not do it for geanyLaTeX as I want to keep freedom to
do independent releases.

Cheers,
Frank
--