[Geany-devel] Improving usability and handling for Geany-Plugins

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Jan 19 17:45:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:13:51 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> In fact, I propose to do exactly this: all plugins of the combined
> geany-plugins releases should have the version of the geany-plugins
> release itself. Everything else would just cause confusion, IMO.

So we are going to have my_plugin version 0.5, followed by 0.20, and
then 0.6 or 0.7? Which one is the latest?

Or, if the plugin version always matches Geany version (not in
releases only), then the plugins have no their own version at all.

I see Enrico doesn't like it, but maybe we should have something like:

plugindata.h:

#ifndef PLUGINS_VERSION
#define PLUGINS_VERSION " - Custom Build"
#endif

myplugin.c:

PLUGIN_SET_[TRANSLATABLE]_INFO(..., "0.5" PLUGINS_VERSION, ...)

plugins build system:

gcc ... -DPLUGINS_VERSION=\" - Geany Plugins 0.20\"

--
E-gards: Jimmy