[Geany-devel] Some C Tags

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jan 18 19:05:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 03:27:29 +0100, Frank wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:16:37 -0800
>Matthew Brush <matthewbrush at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/26/2010 08:47 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>> > Hi Matthew,

>> > Thanks for your list. Would you mind if we upload it to Geany
>> > contrib section so everybody can download them?
>> Yep!  I sent them to share with others, wichever way you deem best
>> is fine by me.
>
>OK. Uploaded to http://download.geany.org/contrib/tags/
>A huge thanks for sharing.
>
>I've also edited the extra-page at
>http://www.geany.org/Download/Extras#tags as it appears to me that I
>doesn't make big sense to maintain another list of available tag files
>beside the directory listing.

To be honest, I'd prefer the previous list as it was more obvious on
the wiki page which tags files exist, without the need to click another
link to get a directory listing. Imagine you are a Drupal developer and
have no idea what tags files for Geany are and you quickly read the
section about tags and don't matter on it as you are not sure what's it
about. In contrary, with the list of available tags, you can quickly
see there is something available for the language/project you are
working in and so you get way more attracted to it.

Additionally, the previous list on the wiki page contained also a bit
more detailed information about the contents of the various tags files
and especially the credits.

So, I think it's worth to maintain this list as well.