[Geany-devel] debugger plugin

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Jan 10 10:46:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

Le 10/01/2011 02:42, Alexander Petukhov a écrit :
> […]
> What I wanted to ask is has the plugin to be cross-platform?
No, I don't think a plugin *have* to be cross-platform, it's a developer
choice to maintain it cross-platform. It's better IMHO, but I don't
think anybody can blame you not to maintain it for an OS you don't
use/know well, since it isn't a no-op task.

If you plan to be part of the geany-plugins "project", I think the only
important think is that the plugin must not break Windows build for
other plugins but rather disable itself from building (e.g. soft
degradation).
This said, it's only my POV :)

> I use some posix specific code now, for interrupting GDB,
> and probably there will be some work to be done with GDB paths etc.
Can't you use GLib wrappers for most of these tasks? (I particularly
think of process interaction)
This would probably help toward being cross-platform at a very low cost.

Regards,
Colomban