[Geany-devel] debugger plugin

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Jan 7 16:02:56 UTC 2011

Le 07/01/2011 16:41, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> Am 07.01.2011 15:17, schrieb Alexander Petukhov:
>> Hello, everybody.
>>
>> My name is Alexander, i'm a software developer from St.Petersburg, Russia.
>> I started to use Geany at my job, mostly for C++ development, and only feature I was not satisfied with
>> was debuggers support.
>> I looked at the existing GDB plugin but it's seemed a little bit unusual for me,
>> and next I thought about multiple debuggers support  in one plugin.
>> So I started to develop my own plugin with the foregoing in mind:
>> - more VS, Netbeans,... likely GUI
>> - multiple debuggers support
>>
>> Now i have GDB working more or less enough for using, and feel
>> like I need some feedback.
>> (I started to work on bashbd backend, but faced some problems and decided to postpone it,
>> until GDB and general features will work well).
>>
>> So, project adress at SF is https://sourceforge.net/projects/geanydbg/
>> Also I've prepared a little page  with a description - http://geanydbg.sourceforge.net/walkthrough.htm
>>
>> Waiting four your opinions and feedbacks.
>
> Just a general: Maybe we should think about renaming as the 'original'
> one already is called geanydbg[1]
AFAIK (and as far as I can see) the original is geanygdb and Alexander's
one is geanydbg. OK, it's a bit confusing, but it's at least not the same ^^
But I agree, changing the name to something more different would be
better I think.

On the plugin itself, I haven't tested it yet but it seems interesting
(though, I'm used to gdb on CLI...), and the UI seems more comfortable
to me than geangdb's one (but again, I never tested it...).

Regards,
Colomban