[Geany-devel] ANN: Geany 0.20 released

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jan 6 16:48:31 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!

For a more detailed list of changes, please see:
http://www.geany.org/Documentation/ReleaseNotes

Some of the highlights:

* Improve compatibility with GVFS using GIO to save documents (Alexey
Antipov).
* Fix sometimes crashing when closing a modified document and choosing
Save.
* Reorganise Find in Files dialog and add Files pattern to filter
search results.
* Show mimetype icon in sidebar Documents list and notebook popup menu
(Colomban Wendling).
* Add per-document indent width setting (Jiří Techet).
* Fix passing quoted arguments when using 'Send Selection to'. This
means e.g. sed 's/\./(dot)/g' now works.
* Add alternative color scheme based on Python colors
(View->Editor->Color Schemes - not all filetypes supported yet).
* Auto-indent after an HTML/XML line without a closing tag (Eugene
Arshinov).
* Add Forth filetype (Thomas Huth).
* Add Lisp filetype (Mário Silva).
* Add Erlang filetype (Taylor Venable).
* Add translations: kk.
* Update translations: cs, de, en_GB, es, fi, fr, hu, ja, nl, pt, sl,
sv, tr, zh_CN.

We want to thank all translators and everyone who contributed to this
release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on. Thank you!

Source tarballs can be found on http://download.geany.org. Windows
binaries should follow soon.

Regards,
Nick