[Geany-devel] A few fixes for codenav, geanygdb, geanyinsertnum and geanylatex

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Feb 26 13:21:11 UTC 2011

Le 26/02/2011 13:41, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:32:07 +0100
> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>
>> [./geanylatex/src/templates.c:47]: (error) Memory leak: template
>>
>> I also attach here the fixes I propose for them, if you're interested.
>
> I'm afraid I don't see why this should be a memory leak. Can you please
> be so kind and go into more details to prevent similar cases in future?
It's a possible memory leak because you exit the function conditionally
after the allocation, but don't free it in this branch:

	TemplateEntry *template = g_new0(TemplateEntry, 1);
 	gchar *tmp = NULL;

	/* Return if its not a searched file */
	if (g_str_has_suffix(file,".gtl") == FALSE)
		/* Leak here! */
		return;

	/* ... */

	g_free(template);

So the easiest fix is to allocate the memory after the conditional exit
since it isn't used before.

Regards,
Colomban