[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Feb 22 22:24:50 UTC 2011

Am 22.02.2011 23:00, schrieb Frank Lanitz:
>> I also observed this, and I think that's a major part of the problem.
>> Hopefully we can code plugins in friendlier languages, such as Vala
>> or python soon (work on both is ongoing).
> Even in Vala or Python you can write bad code... I'm very experienced in
> doing it on Python...
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

It's sure possible. But it's not as easy. Can you free("do not free
string literals") in python? :)

I don't think we need to argue whether or not C is a hard language for
beginners.

Best regards.