[Geany-devel] Real-time tag parsing (again) (was Geany FTW - better autocompletion)

Matthew Brush matthewbrush at xxxxx
Thu Feb 17 23:07:59 UTC 2011

On 12/19/10 07:05, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> So I'll stop here, thank you for your time reading and let you test
> this, right? :)

I've been testing for a little bit and it seems to be working well,
symbols go straight into the symbol list immediately without having to
save, and auto-complete is updating immediately also.  It feels more
responsive now and the symbol list doesn't flash at all here.

What would happen with the little MIO library?  Would it become an
external dependency or should it be statically compiled into Geany?
Does it have use outside Geany/Tagmanager (I didn't look at the code)?

Hopefully others test this and it gets added to Geany.  It's easy to
test, just install MIO from here:

http://gitorious.org/mio/mio

And apply the attached patch and rebuild Geany.

To Colomban, the patch is the one you paste binned to me, is it
available from elsewhere, more official, combined like that?