[Geany-devel] Real-time tag parsing (again) (was Geany FTW - better autocompletion)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Feb 15 15:00:10 UTC 2011

Le 19/12/2010 16:05, Colomban Wendling a écrit :
> [...]
>
> Well! If you apply all these patches, you should have a working,
> real-time, in-memory tag parsing that should look good :)
>
> So, what's left? Testing of course, lot of it.
> Also, for now it doesn't update tag list before the first save (for new
> documents). I've not investigating the issue yet though.
>

> So I'll stop here, thank you for your time reading and let you test
> this, right? :)
I found a few days ago that one of my patches
(0006-Provide-a-GType-for-TMTag-and-use-it.patch) introduced 3 quite big
memory leaks (some TMTags references never released). Here's the fix
(0001-Fix-leaking-tags-when-fetching-them-from-the-symbols-model-.patch).
I strongly recommend to any user of my previous patches to apply this
one, because the leak can become really visible when working with files
with many tags.

Also, while at it I found a small leak in the C tag parser, also joined
the fix (0001-Plug-a-memory-leak-in-the-C-tag-parser.patch). This one
probably also applies alone.

All these patches may get a little confusing with time, so if a summary
mail would be appreciated, I can do it :)

Regards,
Colomban