[Geany-devel] plugins.geany.org now updating automatically via cronjob

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Sat Feb 12 15:05:43 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, den 12.02.2011, 14:19 +0100 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> True.
> My suggestion was based on your statement, the README content should
> match the released plugin version.
To avoid confusion: I was talking about the informations contained in
the README file, not the content. I don't want any plugin developer to
fit his README file 1:1 with the released file. I just was suggesting to
be consistent with the behavior the actual released plugin behaves. And
this is just a suggestion, no requirement. It's still up to the plugin
developer how he maintains his README. :)

> Maybe this isn't necessary at all. I don't see READMEs as
> the documentation of a plugin and so the README should be as up to date
> as necessary and should not match a months old release state.
> Just my 2cents.
Of course. Consistency with the described behavior and the
up-to-dateness don't exclude each other. :)

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D