[Geany-devel] svn export results in svn: Inconsistent line ending style

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Feb 10 01:43:06 UTC 2011

On 10 February 2011 12:01, Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I just wanted to build a new snapshot of Geany from SVN. For this, I'm
> usually going to svn export the current working copy from trunk into
> another directory (to be clean of .svn subdirs). This time I got a bit
> weird output I don't understand yet:
>
> % LANG=C svn export geany geany-0.21
> svn: Inconsistent line ending style

Yeah, if Enrico muttered the right incantations over the repository
SVN server will provide files with line endings appropriate to the
client platform.

maybe try --native-eol CRLF (or whatever matches your platform)

Also maybe you have changes in your tree that are not line ending consistent.