[Geany-devel] libpeas and geany's plugins

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Feb 6 19:28:35 UTC 2011

Le 06/02/2011 19:00, joshua.rh at comcast.net a écrit :
> [...].  What if we wrote the libpeas plugin, and if it
> seems like it would be good to have libpeas as the main plugin interface
> (for maintainabilities sake), we can slowly port existing plugins.  If
> not, we'd still have the libpeas/gobject plugin for python/js plugins.
> What does everyone think of that?
That it would probably be a huge piece of work, but that'd be cool
(support for many languages using GI) if it works. So if you would do
it... :)

However, Geany devs don't seem to be huge fans of GObject code, so not
sure how much painful it would be for them if it get integrated to the
core...

My 2¢
Colomban