[Geany-devel] Proposed patch to fix issues with command line file loading

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Feb 1 01:34:46 UTC 2011

On 1 February 2011 04:27, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:03:44 +1100
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > With session management, you can open the projects in secondary
>> > instances, and let the primary instances catch the double-clicking and
>> > command line. The secondary instances retain their status after restart,
>> > even if the primary instance does not exist any more (thanks, Eugene).
>>
>> Niiiice, I thought you said multi-instance sm wasn't working?  but
>> sounds the preferred way if it is (except for multi instance issues
>> talked about elsewhere)
>
> Single instance ::= Each instance runs for itself and does not
> communicate with the others, other than for initial socket checking
> and argv passing. That is, the current Geany.

Ok, misunderstood

> With the single instance sm, you can run as many instances as you
> want. That was implemented by Eugene; I added the prefs isolation.
>
> --
> E-gards: Jimmy

Sounds like a good thing to add to Geany, here is a checklist of the
things I did before my build system branch was merged back into trunk

* make sure that there is not anything not related to sm in the branch
* merge a recent trunk into the branch and fix the conflicts & check it works
* run the coding style scripts on it and check for any stuff ups they
might have made
* ensure that the documentation has been updated comprehensively to
reflect the new functionality and that it builds and looks ok (this is
hard, you know what it does but you have to assume no knowledge on the
part of the reader, ie me :-)