[Geany-devel] Just another github question: Easy way to pull pull reuqest for testing purposes?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Dec 31 11:21:35 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 31/12/2011 17:31, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> During the last weeks I merged a couple of pull requests into
>> geany-plugins. During this work I found it a bit annoying not finding a
>> easy way to pull the pull request directly and test it locally and maybe
>> add it to me git repo. Is there any direct way on doing this instead of
>> going to offerer's github page and clone the complete repo?
>
> $ git remote add -f foo git://github.com/foo/geany-plugins.git
> $ git merge foo/master

Hi Frank,

When you get pull requests from lots of people adding each of them as
a remote can be tedious.

Instead github docs suggest using the patch file as input to git am,
see far down on the page on sending pull requests.