[Geany-devel] Is the field "type" of struct GeanyProject used somewhere

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Dec 31 05:33:52 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 08:28 AM, Johann SAUNIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to hack geanyprj plugin to add the current project's name
> in the main window's title bar, the same way gproject does.
>
> What I plan to do is using the field "name" of the GeanyProject
> structure. This struct contains a field named "type" that means
> "Identifier whether it is a pure Geany project or modified/extended by
> a plugin. " but I can't find out where it is used. Any idea ?

I don't think you're supposed to modify the members like `project->name`
even though it's not documented or enforced. I'm not sure how GProject
does it but a quick scan of the source suggests it doesn't modify this
member (I didn't look too close though). Maybe Jiri can say for sure how
GProject does it.

For the `project->type` member, I have no idea what it's for, but it's
not used by Geany or any plugins from what I can tell. I'd say just
ignore it or file a bug report that it should be deprecated or better
documented.