[Geany-devel] VTE Ctrl-C to kill

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Dec 31 04:50:28 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 10:26 AM, David Gomes wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm working on a project that uses VTE, and since GNOME crew wasn't so
> helpful, I was wondering if you did anything particular to allow Ctrl-C
> to kill the current process in the terminal of Geany. Was it default or
> did you have to create that custom key binding?
>
> Thanks.

Use the source[1] Luke!

P.S. Geany is probably the only VTE program for me (including my own)
where Ctrl+C doesn't do what it's supposed, instead it clears the VTE
(which is wrong) and then freezes (which is especially wrong).  So you
might have better luck looking at the source for GNOME-terminal or
Xfce-terminal which both just kill the processes and return immediately
to the same prompt.

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/src/vte.c#L322