[Geany-devel] Empty project properties dialog

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Dec 27 00:02:08 UTC 2011

On 12/26/2011 01:37 PM, Jiří Techet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing a bug where the project properties dialog is empty
> when opened for the second time. Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Open project properties dialog.
> 2. Close it.
> 3. Open it for the second time.
>
> Result: the project properties dialog is much smaller and it's empty.
>
> I suspect it's related to the GtkBuiler transition. I haven't looked
> into it because I guess Matthew knows better what might be wrong.

Ah yes, each time the properties are to be shown it creates a new dialog
and adds a bunch of stuff at run-time and then destroys the whole dialog
after.  With the new GtkBuilder stuff, the dialog shouldn't be destroyed
since it's the same one used for the whole run-time now.

I guess the dialog either needs to be hardcoded outside of the glade
file so it can be created and destroyed at will or add code to
add/remove stuff dynamically without destroying the whole thing after.