[Geany-devel] GtkFileChooser "recent" annoyance

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Dec 20 04:07:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is anyone opposed to me committing the trivial patch attached here.  The
comment I think describes it well enough, and if you're using recent
GTK+ 2.24.x you probably already know about it.

I didn't want to commit without asking since maybe some people will find
this new "feature"[1][2] useful, I personally find it extremely
annoying, but I wouldn't want to fix it at the expense of annoying others.

[1]
https://live.gnome.org/DocumentCentricGnome/Help%20the%20user%20choose%20a%20place%20to%20put%20a%20new%20file
[2] I think we can safely assume Geany users (ie. programmers) already
know how to manage files :)