[Geany-devel] plugins.geany.org update - contents now generated from the latest Geany-Plugins release

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Sun Dec 18 15:45:35 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, den 18.12.2011, 19:17 +0400 schrieb Alexander Petukhov:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> I didn't get clear how to deal with the newly created branch after a
> bug is fixed in it: push branch to github, merge with master and push
> master or whatever? Can you pls give some more details.

If you are going to fix a bug which is present since 0.21.1, you would
create the branch 0.21.1 from the tag, fix your stuff there, and push
the branch upstream via `git push -u origin 0.21.1`.

Then you of course also apply the fix to master, separately from the fix
for the special version 0.21.1 using the git cherry-pick command:

    git checkout master
    git cherry-pick <commit-id>

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0  BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D