[Geany-devel] plugins.geany.org update - contents now generated from the latest Geany-Plugins release

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Sat Dec 17 16:05:44 UTC 2011

Hi together,

with today's commits [1] the behavior of the gencontent.sh has changed.
The script now tries getting the README files from the latest
Geany-Plugins release and not from git master anymore.

For you as a plugin maintainer, this now means that you'd need to create
a branch exactly named as the tag of the latest release and put changes
to README files there as well in case they apply for an already released
version of Geany-Plugins. gencontent.sh would look for changes in that
branch then and not in master.

In other words: plugins.geany.org now has the content of the README
files of the tag 0.21.1. If you like to improve something there, the
changes must be made to a branch called 0.21.1 created from the tag.

This should apply to a common work flow when fixing issues in an already
released version, so I guess no big deal for anyone of you. Feel free to
correct me, if you think I am wrong with this. :)

Any further suggestions or improvements are welcome, feel free to fork
the stuff and open pull requests. ;)

Best Regards,
Dominic

[1] https://github.com/dmaphy/plugins.geany.org/commits/master

--
Dominic Hopf
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0  BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D