[Geany-devel] Moving MultiTerm plugin to Geany-Plugins

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Dec 16 04:35:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I wanted to move my geany-multiterm[1] plugin into the Geany-Plugins
repository and continue development there, but I need help with some
things.  It's written in Vala[2] using the Geany binding[3] Colomban wrote.

My questions are:

Is there a maintainer mode or something that can be use to only activate
Vala support in Autotools if this plugin is selected to build?  Should
this go into `build/multiterm.m4`?

Should the .c/.h files that valac compiles be checked into the VCS so
that people without valac compiler can still compile the plugin?

How to make it work with Waf?

(Mostly for Colomban) How should the geany.vapi/.deps be distributed?
If I make it install into the normal location I guess it will conflict
with the "official" binding, but then again AFAIK the "official" one
isn't really distributed, it just lives in a Gitorious repo[3], so I
can't really depend on it (or can I?).  Could we move the "official"
Vala binding to Geany-Plugins project as well so that it is released
with GP and other plugins can depend on it being there?

[1] https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-multiterm
[2] https://live.gnome.org/Vala
[3] http://gitorious.org/geany-vala-binding