[Geany-devel] Just a stupid github question: How to merge a pull request with fast forward?

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Dec 13 08:49:55 UTC 2011

Am 13.12.2011 09:24, schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> Hi folks,
>
> See question from subject line. How can I merge a pull request without
> adding a new commit stating the merge? Is there some kind of ff or
> cherry-pick available through front end?
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

It'll automatically fast-forward if it's possible. For that, the branch
should be rebased onto the branch you merge into.

However, don't rebase other people work yourself.

Best regards.