[Geany-devel] Geany-Plugins: Please update documentation

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Aug 30 13:54:29 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 12:53 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Am 30.08.2011 03:08, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> On 08/29/2011 08:35 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>>> Hi plugin maintainer of geany-plugins,
>>>
>>> As 0.21 is near I like to ask you to update your documentation for your
>>> plugin. Some of them are pretty out of date and not very useful to the
>>> user.
>>>

>> Just a reminder also, someone should update the Plugins page on
>> geany.org as it lists some but not all of the current plugins and also
>> lists the recently removed GeanyEmbrace.  Might be a good time before
>> the release to review all the content on that page[1].
>>
>> [1] http://www.geany.org/Support/Plugins
>
> I've updated the page a bit :)

You missed:

"The Geany-Plugins project is a combined release for each matching Geany
release, starting with version 0.17. It includes Addons, GeanyDoc,
GeanyGDB, GeanyLaTeX, GeanyLipsum, GeanyLua, GeanySendMail, GeanyVC,
Shiftcolumn, Spell Check."

If those are the "preferred" plugins, at least it should say:

"It includes Addons, GeanyDoc, GeanyGDB, GeanyLaTeX, GeanyLipsum,
GeanyLua, GeanySendMail, GeanyVC, Shiftcolumn, Spell Check, and many
others."

Also, this should not say "editable":

"There is an editable plugin wishlist page, but be aware this may
contain malicious links."

And while in that page, maybe the completed items from that wishlist
should be in a strike-through font.  There are quite a few items that
are now complete from a quick glance.