[Geany-devel] geany on github; why not?

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun Aug 28 21:33:21 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 20:50, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 20:46:37 +0200
> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 27/08/2011 20:27, Frank Lanitz a écrit :

>> > Can you provide a clone which is inclduing all point Jiri
>> > mentioned?
>> > - Branches
>> > - Tags
>> > - Merges?
>>
>> I only have a full git-svn --stdlayout copy, so basically "no", though
>> "partially" is also right:
>>
>> * I (can) have branches (needs to co remote/name; co -b name)
>> * I (can) have tags (huh, they looks like branches)
>> * I *don't* have proper merges (the history is linear)
>> * I *don't* have proper authors
>>
>> Not sure how to fix this (especially merges, I have a script for the
>> authoring part somewhere, and I think that true branches and tags
>> should be easily created with a tiny script) but Jiří seems to know
>> some ways.
>
> So I suggest this: Jiri can you help to do so (or does maybe the github
> svn clone tools does this correct?) we surely can also offer something
> like that from git.geany.org. But here import is needed FMPOV.

I could, but it needs some manual work and I'd like to do it just
before the switch because I'm not sure if I could easily add  the
commits (commits on different branches and especially merges) you do
between now and the switch. I was too missing a few committer names -
see the original email here

http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-June/002672.html

which I'd need to get first before performing the conversion.

Cheers,
Jiri