[Geany-devel] geany on github; why not?

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun Aug 28 20:59:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 08:15, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> We could also use the SVN import on GitHub.  It's offered as an option when
> you create a new repository.  I have no idea if it suffers from the same
> limitations you mentioned.

My feeling is they use svn2git internally. Apart from that, this is
what they say about the service:

"If the repo you are importing is very large, your import may time out."

This was apparently my case - I tried it too with Geany but the import
wasn't successful. With svn2git the whole import takes about 90
minutes and I guess this is too much for the GitHub server.

Jiri