[Geany-devel] Geanyembrace: Anybody who like to maintain it?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Aug 26 02:33:48 UTC 2011

On 08/25/2011 07:12 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>>> IIRC its wraps (embraces?) things with optional text, targeted at XML
>>> open/close tags but general.  Sadly the Geany devel ML isn't
>>> searchable to find the initial discussions.
>>>

>> Ah.
>>
>> The geany-zencoding plugin can do this (and much more), though it's not an
>> official "Geany Plugin".
>
> Why not :-)

Mostly because I like using real Git and having it on GitHub.  Also,
it's a pain having a plugin with it's own autotools and GP autotools
build systems mixed, at least as far as I've figured out.

> But zencoding does have an external dependency that embrace does not.

Who doesn't have Python?  :)  (ok, windows guys, but still...)

>> Personally, I have no interest in maintaining it.  Maybe someone could send
>> a message on the users list asking if anyone even uses it.
>
> Yes, I guess this points to the fact that we might need a plugin
> deprecation process, IIUC there are several plugins that don't get
> much love.

Good idea.