[Geany-devel] Git for plugins (was: Re: geany on github; why not?)

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Aug 25 17:34:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:27:47 +0200
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:56:52 +0200
> Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > About plugins - I'd like to see them converted to git too but for me
> > it's much less important. Plugins are usually one-man-show and require
> > much less cooperation than Geany itself and their authors already have
> > SVN access.
>
> Due the huge number of contributors at the plugins project and the,
> well quiet often broken build, a more decentralized process would be
> good for the plugins. [...] it would be might useful to make more usage
> of branches and only merge to trunk, when its apply correct and build is
> not broken and some other points of policy is met

Taking into account what Jiří said, perhaps the plugin developers
should try to follow the policy in the first place, before commiting to
svn? It's not like they are lacking hard disks and have to use a branch
for storage space.

--
E-gards: Jimmy