[Geany-devel] Default snippets

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Aug 25 16:16:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:47:21 +0200
"Alexander Eberspächer" <alex.eberspaecher at gmail.com> wrote:

> the default snippets that are installed to
> prefix/share/geany/snippets.conf
> have C/C++ code in the [default] section.
>
> This can lead to C/C++ code in a Fortran file. In the patch attached
> to this mail, I reorganized the snippets. Default behaviour should not
> change with this patch [1].

I disagree at this point as discussed on IRC:
The current patch will remove support for if, else, while, do and
switch PHP, Java and C++ and maybe other C-like languages. At least on
the main language we have to improve the patch a bit or it will leat to
missing feature for users.

(Nevertheless I like the idea to don't have C inside != C-like
language -- only I'm thinking the patch does not fit the needings ;) )

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/