[Geany-devel] msgwindow double click

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Aug 20 16:28:47 UTC 2011

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 00:04:15 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dimitar,
>
> > My proposition:
> >
> > 1. Opens the file, if not already open; that makes it's tab active
> >   (same as before).
> > 2. Stores the old filename and position.
> > 2. Attempts to seek to the new position.
> > 3. If successful [which implies that the file tab is activated],
> >   stores the new filename and position.
> > 4. Otherwise, explicitly activates the file tab.
> > 5. On Enter / double click, focuses the editor.
>
> In a previous thread it was suggested that line 0 go to line 1, so
> why not make line "too big" go to last line?

1. We know that some parsers return line 0, but I haven't seen line#
larger than the #lines + 1 (equal to #lines + 1 is accepted by
scintilla and goes to EOF). So we probably parsed a number which is
not a line #.

2. The plugins may expect navqueue_goto_line() to return a precise
result. Well they don't ATM, and handling 0 is not precise either. If
we decide on big line == last line, we'd better (a) make the function
void after the release and (b) seek to EOF, for sync with scintilla.

> Wouldn't that make it all easier?

A bit shorter (all variants are pretty easy). I proposed the most
logical (IMHO), but anything that'll make focusing work is fine by me.

--
E-gards: Jimmy